Tuesday 20 November 2012

Storify, a way to share links in one place?

I've been trying to think of a way to share all EDCMOOC links on one platform. I thought of storify, and I'm not sure this is the best way, however, it does seem to work. If you haven't encountered storify before, its a platform that lets you create a story or narrative using posts from various social networking sites, including images and video. Well worth a look, there are some quite powerful stories on the current outbreak of violence in Gaza/Israel.

Mine is not a story, just a listing of the platforms we have set up for our coursera course, but it is all in the one spot now I guess and in a publishable format that I can share with one click. Funny though, it doesn't seem to appear on the #edcmooc on twitter, even though I have tweeted the link.

eLearning and Digital Culture: Angela's Network of Sites: Storify


I plan to keep adding to it as I sell my soul to the online world, all in the name of digital education, laying bare my life to anyone and everyone who will take me.....twitter, flikr, youtube, tumblr.,storify, blogger, google+ and facebook. I can't imagine we will all be friending each other on facebook, perhaps there will be a edcmooc page. But there, done now.

5 comments:

  1. I've made a storify too. With a similar aim. Thanks for sharing the idea! Let's compare how they go over the course.....will they sink or swim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if it will swim, but it's a start. Having looked at Carla's http://storify.com/jufcarla/e-learning-and-digital-cultures. I want to change mine, her's looks so much better! I couldn't work out how to put the twitter home/profile whatever as the entry for my twitter. I could only get it to bring up ordinary tweets. I'll have to ask her how she did that. I also notice you can add text as well, thought initially you couldn't. Since part of the object of this course is looking at learning through visuals as opposed to text, I imagine storify could have a place at edcmooc. I thought of somewhere in my course it could be used in a unit about confirmation bias and propaganda! I'll have a go at fixing mine later. I daren't use your tool to see how much time I have spent on twitter......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used Storify before so I think I will give it a go also. Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm still so far behind - just caught up with Storify today, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing in how much one can do with Storify.

    ReplyDelete